Tuesday, April 14, 2009

No One Can Remember, Not Ever

I have just discovered a street I never knew existed
Though the name of the city escapes me I’m so
In love with space that all its temporal nuances are
Fallen fruit I have just discovered the withered citizens
Of this street and they are all fluorescent lamps beneath
Their tattered robes they moan in pain but their sorrow only
Sounds like the celebration of pain to me help me
Hold me I am so mentally ill that I deserve to love my confusion
As my cat loves the catching of his claw in the screen window

I have left my house for the first time in months and have discovered
The street and the city and the withered inhabitants that no longer
Exist we are celebrating together we drink red table wine and piss
In all of the most cherished spots of our city for example the historic
District is the world’s largest urinal and we are so happy the steeples
All weep like willows like a Van Gogh that has begun to melt because
Of the extreme heat I am mentally ill I cannot take responsibility for my
Visions but I deserve happiness all the same I hold you hear listener
In the bowels of the most worthless art only so you might listen only
So I might speak

No comments:

Post a Comment